A BRAND NEW BETTER WORLD 10-1-2023

 





I have been dreaming of living in a better world.

The world I know is vastly different than this broken, torn, cut and lonely world I have been taken up residence in these 60 odd years of my life

I now grasp how this world I live in can be a reflection of who I am and not the person I need to be

I can now see how a better world begins with me

I feel invisible, a lot these days

I sense how unseen I am even when with most people

Please, please, please see me

If you can’t see me

Take the time

Look again

Look longer

Look deeper

Look up

Look down

Look sideways

Look inside out

Look into my eyes

Sit with me

Search my soul

Gaze through my heart, my broken heart

Comprehend how this tiny muscle inside in me, my heart, yearns to be stitched together

Perceive how this scattered, shattered, cut, dumped, devastated and distressed existence yearns to be reached and needs to be whole

Recognize that necessity to be held, really, really, really tight

Hold me in an embrace, in a fond, warm cuddle that’s so tight it would ensure my insides won’t slip out

I must be heard

I need to be seen

Hear me

See me

Evelyn Pinto

October 1, 2023




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Please continue writing! Your words are a gift, but more importantly you are a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024