SLEEPY &; THINKING IN MY RECLINER 2-15-2024





Thinking While Cozy, In My Recliner

Sleepilly, I think, while I lay cozily nesting in my recliner at my apt.

Wrapped safe and tight, in the safety of my apt,  I am consumed by the warmth and comfort of my pretty pink robe.

Now, I think...

It's Friday afternoon and I haven't felt physically well for a long stretch of time.

Fatigued, shortness of breath, exhaustion, tiredness, weakness, low energy, etc... have captured most of my days lately.

Emotionally, I am distressed, distraught, feel abandoned, lost, frightened and hurt!

There are people I hoped would be here with me, and help me as I battle the difficult, the unimagineable and the frightening.

These people, I hoped, would come, sit, talk, listen and stay with me.

In their hands would be gifts wrapped with ribbons of color.

Attached to these ribbons of the multitude of bright colors are wonderful boxes with smiley stickers in all sizes!

As I gaze into the hearts of these Gifts of Womder, smiles, laugher, gratitude and love would instantly jump out of my face!

Inside these lovely gifts are love, hope, peace, sacrifice, devotion and all that good stuff.

As I emerge, distracted from those health crisis(is) and the emotional scars I always carry, my faith in humanity and in people becomes restored  instataneous.

Evelyn Pinto

February 15, 2024











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

I WANT TO DANCE (Final revision) 8-6-2023