The Passing of One of My Dearest Friends, Reverend Ernest Batten 4-22-2024


The Passing of One of My Dearest Friend, Reverend Ernest Batten


With sadness, sorrow and immeasurable grief, one of my dearest friends, Reverend Ernest Batten, passed away on April 17, 2024.

Reverend Ernest Batten left these Earthly Dwellings and has risen into the Heavenly Realms.

Reverend Ernest Batten is now sheltered in the loving Arms of Jesus and has been reunited with his dear and faithful wife, Elsie Batten.

With my heart too heavy to measure, I am now suffering immeasurable grief.

Now, my good friends, I will tell you of my faithful and compassionate friend, Reverend Ernest Batten.

Ernie Batten was love, light, beauty and a comfort in a world of craziness, absurdity, unpredictably and idiocy!

My good friend, Ernie, showed me and and all us, residents who live at the Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Mass. Senior Living Residence, how beautiful, loving, wonderful and astonishing this world actually is!

Ernie, I and all of us, residents live in this bright, clean and warm/cool facility  where we are among friends and are helped by experienced and pleasant staff!

My friend, Ernest Batten prayed with all of us and, also, prayed for us all!

Ernie was abounding in love, light, goodness, kindness and music!

For over an hour each week, Ernie would play the piano, or organ, for all of us, residents at the Senior Living Residence where Ernie and I and many of us in our seasoned years live.

Music brought a number of us together  where we enjoyed an hour of entertainment, togetherness and joy!

Worlds of music would come from Ernie, whom was a talented,  gentle, wise, kind and talented man!

Ernie's music would not only entertain us, residents, but would transport us into a musical enchantment where we would experience pure joy!

Easter was a treasured and sacred time for us, residents, at the VNA Senior Living Residence on Alewife Brook Parkway in Somerville, Mass.

At Easter time, Ernie would bless us all by playing the piano where religious hymns and ballads, music portraying Easter would resound throughout our building!

Our Easter music was a welcome blessing and a gift to me and to all us at the VNA Senior Living Residence on Alewife Brook Parkway is  Somerville, Mass.

Our talented and compassionate friend, Ernie Batten, would play our (and his) favorite religious hymns which we all,in our own way, celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus!

This sacredness of Ernie's music at Easter time, led by our very own talented friend, Reverend Ernest Batten, brought momentum, power, light and deep significance into this religious holiday.

Attached to this lovely blessing was a calm and abrupt meaning that traveled into our hearts and lives!

To me, Ernie, who was kind, caring man and, also, one of my closest and  dearest friends.

Ernie was also a supportive, loving and trusty and talented friend and he  happened to be a favorite fan of my writings and my art!

Both Ernie and myself shared lives of humor, unshakeable faith, grief, sorrow and laughter!

What I thought was an amazing characteristic of my friend, Reverend Ernest Batten was he saw the good in "everyone!"

Ernie gave his time generously to everyone at the VNA Senior Living Residence.

Ernie wouldn't hesitate to visit a residence experiencing the death of a loved one, always reaching out to the grieving, to residents who had gotten  bad news from their doctors concerning a health crisis, and, also, to anyone  who were stressed, lonely, frightened or in need of a friend.

Ernie never hesitated to reach out to those in need a me and would diligently pray for him/her/them!

I, also, was a frequent recipient of being prayed for and calmed by this fond, caring and compassionate man!

Yes, Ernie Batten was our friend, our musician, our comforter, our source of calm, our pianist, our musician, our live-in- minister and our friend!

To me, Ernie Batten was my funny, unique, concerned, caring, devoted, faithful, genuine, compassionate and irreplaceable friend!

It saddens me that I will never see and/or hear my loving friend, Ernie Batten play my favorite songs and hymns!

I am distressed knowing I will never hear my good friend, Ernie Batten laugh at my corny jokes!

I'm am despondent, distressed and dismal knowing that Ernie and I will never share another conversation.

My entire human being has emerged into voids where once Ernie, my mother, my sister, my friends and other that loved ones that I had lost to death, once decorated my heart, my soul and my life!

At this time, my human being is graphically designed with multitudes of voids!

I send my prayers, sympathy, sorrow and empathy to my lovely friend, Lynn Batten and to the Batten Family.

To the Friends of Reverend Ernest Batten, I send my condolences, prayers  and solace.

To my friends and fellow residents at the Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Mass. Senior Living Residence, I cry with you, I grieve with you, I pray with you, I mourn with you and I am here for you!

With sincerity, love, sorrow, sadness, depression and an with unbearable grief,

Your friend,

Evelyn Pinto 

April 22, 2024



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024