IN THE CHAOS OF THE HOSPITAL - A BIRTHDAY PARTY 11-16-18






Being a patient in the hospital has its' problems, stresses, questions, and uncertainties. 
It's a place where you trust your health, wellbeing and even your life into the hands of others.
You live with this trust and hope that these people are making the right decisions in your behalf. 
You also have faith that they are going to do the right thing for you.
This can create a roll- a- coaster of emotions to evolve and flow out!
In the confusion and chaos of the hospital, I had a birthday party!
Chaplains of the Pastoral Care Department, of the hospital I where I am treated medically, gave me a magnificent birthday Party in the Coffee Shop of this hospital!
Beth, Mary and I enjoyed some delightful cake, the out of this world company of each other and even some super fantastic presents.
The hospital is an environment known for bad news, acute health problems, life and death struggles and other negative stuff.
Today, the hospital wasn't just an institution.
It became personal!
In the craziness of the hospital, I was given a Birthday Party!
I'm fighting health crisis and I do not feel well much of the time!
I'm blessed that I can go to a hospital where I am shown so much love, concern and generosity.
This totally astounds me!
God, most definitely, puts me where I need to be!
With sincerity, hope and love and gracious gratitude to all of those who care for me in and out of the hospital,
                   Evelyn Pinto
                   October 18, 2016




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024