PANDEMIC PART 3 5-22-2020






Pandemic, Part 3
Dear Friends,
It’s been over 2 months since this Pandemic began in the city in which I live.
Living in a densely populated city, besides residing in an assisted living community, we are still under shelter in place regulations.
As with most people, this Pandemic has been difficult, challenging, demanding, excruciating and many times, extremely frightening.
Being the person I am, I try to find good in everything and everyone.
Though it has been more challenging to see good in this coronavirus, I am pleased to say that there is good.
The good is not in this coronavirus itself, but, in most people.
People have given, when they, themselves are hurting.
People have been kind, when a minority of humans have been insolent.
People have sacrificed so we, as people, are well, taken care and our basic needs are met.
People have been patient, even when others choose to be disruptive and self-seeking.
I, myself, have changed!
I’m more appreciative for the people around me, who have gone above and beyond, to ensure my wellness, emotionally, physically, medically and spiritually!
At the beginning of this Pandemic, I was hospitalized for an infection in my blood, which was unrelated to the coronavirus.
By the grace of God and with the expertise, compassion and treatment and care of the doctors (including the infectious disease doctor), nurses, primary care assistants and many other staff who were involved in my case, I was healed of that infection and discharged to my home to continue my recovery.
I am truly grateful for both my inpatient medical staff and my outpatient providers!
The assisted living in which I live, have taken every precaution that the place is sanitized and that, we, as residents are well, fed and have what we need.
Our activity director, Lin, has brought to us, residents, everything from paper goods, to chocolate, a smiling face to cheer us through this time of isolation and more.
Lin has visited each resident at least 2x a week, sometimes with Ice Cream and other times, with a surprise.
I’m super grateful for Lin and for “all” the staff, where I live!
My family has been through sickness, difficulties and challenges, as well.
I do talk to my mother several times daily!
I also video chat, as well as, talk with my sisters and my brother frequently!
I am in open communication with other family members, as well.
I thank God, always, for my family!
I love my friends, whom I am still in contact with.
My friends check on me and I, them.
We realize how powerless we are against this coronavirus so, we live each day to the fullest, loving, grateful and embracing Life!
The church I attend has had to adapt to these new circumstances.
My church has 1 sermon, 2 conference calls and 1 ZOOM meeting a week.
This is in addition to the frequent calls we make to each other.
Besides ensuring one another that we are not alone, we are there to talk, pray and be there for each other, though in many cases, not physically.
My church has been a needed support, emotionally and spiritually, in these difficult times!
I am still having difficulties sleeping with vivid, epic, realistic and frightening dreams and nightmares, if I do sleep at all!
With this Pandemic, life has changed for me and for everyone!
We have a new normal or, I would say “a new abnormal”!
I say with exclamation and certainty, One has not changed.
This One is God, my Refuge, my Savior, my King, my Counselor, My Foundation and my Friend!
God knows me like no one else does!
Jesus knows my heart, my breaking heart!
I see the suffering around me and I scatter into pieces!
Jesus picks up my broken pieces and makes me whole again!
God give me a reason, hope, a whole heart, love and blessings!
God uses my brokenness to teach.
If God can put my countless, disseminated and broken pieces together, this mighty Power can help you too!
My gracious God heals, forgives and loves!
With sincerity, gracious gratitude, love and prayers,
       Evelyn Pinto
       May 22, 2020







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024