PANDEMIC 7, THE PANDEMIC'S LASTING EFFECTS, 3-20-2021


PANDEMIC 7

The Pandemic’s Lasting Effects

Dear Family and Friends,

I received the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine on February 23rd.

I should be ecstatic that I did get the vaccine.

I should be jumping for joy that I didn’t get Covid-19 as well.

Well, my family and friends, though I am super grateful for both of these good fortunes, I am not jumping for joy.

The months of isolation, the loss of people I love, the loss of the life as I knew it and not being with those I love, especially when they needed me, has had its’ lasting effects on me.

Not being able to grieve and, especially not being able to grieve with others, has also taken its’ toll on me.

I am usually the person who has bountiful energy and able to go out to others.

Now, I find myself depressed, feeling alone and struggling.

I want to be with those I love, especially my 91+ years old mother.

My mother is now inpatient in the hospital with fluid buildup in her lungs.

I want to be there for my mother, help her to feel better.

My friends, I am paralyzed with fear, the fear of losing my mother to sickness and age.

I am sick with worry over the chronic health conditions of my family, my family whom I dearly love.

I am so troubled about the chronic health conditions of those supportive friends, whom I also love.

I, myself, not being the healthiest person in the world, face my own mortality.

The world has taken on a whirlwind of differing attitudes, opinions and self-righteousness.

There are opposite views of right and wrong, moral and immoral, correct and politically correct.

I am anxious, confused, dazzled, depressed and feel outright chaotic!

This is a time when I need to pray.

I pray to my God, who is Stability in an ever changing world.

I pray to my God who is a Lamp in my darkness.

I pray to my God who is a Presence in my loneliness.

I pray to a God whom holds me up, when I am about to fall.

I pray to my God who ever present in my troubles.

I pray to God to help those who are sick, hurting and scared.

I pray to God to help everyone I can think of and more.

I pray to God to cure this hurting world.

I pray to Jesus who walks beside me, comforting me as I walk along this Journey of my Life.

Yes, my friends, though I am troubled and depressed, I know I’ll be okay.

I’ll be alright because I have the One who carries the world on His Shoulders, also walk beside me.

Love and prayers,

Evelyn Pinto

March 20, 2021

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024