A PRAYER OF FAITH 2-26-2022


 

Dear Family and Friends,

I have been praying, constantly praying.

A family member, whom I love dearly, suffered a stroke last night.

In addition to this, my sisters and brother face serious health challenges.

Their battles are constant, painful and very serious.

My sister, Roberta, is a true warrior as she fights the cancer attacking her body with chemo, radiation, great faith, prayer and grace.

My sister, Roberta, is the strongest, most faithful and courageous woman I have ever met in my life!

She is truly a devout Christian and such a brave woman of faith!

Her husband has suffered a stroke, while in the hospital for surgery on a growing aneurysm.

My sisters, brother and myself are warriors as we fight our constant, challenging and life threatening health challenges and our life trials with a fierce determination, courage and unwavering faith.

We are all still grieving the loss of our precious mother.

So much has happened to each of us individually and collectively, we still have not had the opportunities to appropriately grieve our own mother.

There have been other people, family and friends, that have also passed away.

These additional losses in our lives, in addition to our own life battles we constantly fight, leave physical as well as emotional marks on us.

I have been in and out of the hospital for my own serious health problems, which have required the acute care of the hospital each time.

This is all frightening and scary stuff for me.

These alarming episodes have placed my own mortality and the mortality of close, precious people, whom I dearly love, more evident and visible.

Yes, this is scary stuff, my friends!

When I am so frightened that I can’t even think, much less make sense of anything, it’s at this dark time, I search for The Light.

I, me, feeling small and awkward, humbly approach The Throne of Grace.

I pray, not with words but, through my heart.

It’s at this moment, time stands still as my heart meets my Jesus.

As I pray, I ask God for good health for all of my family.

As I continue to seek Jesus, I pray for His Peace.

I pray and I cry and I continue to pray more and more….

I become soothed, calmed and feel at peace.

I continually pray that my family will be alright and, for me, I can achieve a much needed rest.

I am weak, still feeling sick and fatigued but, I’m on a strong and guided path, a path to wellness leading, also, to faith.

Love and prayers,

Evelyn (Pinto)

February 26, 2022

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024