ME, AS I TRAVEL THROUGH LIFE WITH SICKNESS, DISAPPOINTMENTS, LOVE, FRIENDSHIPS, FAITH AND WITH GOD 11-29-2022






Dear Friends,

I am presently fighting health challenges that I have battling for a long, long time.

I have been having symptoms of my lung diseases that's been creating challenges with my mobility, my endurance, my stamina, my breathing and my life.

I went into Respiratory Arrest on my 50th birthday.

In that life and death situation, I went through several months in the Intensive Care Unit where there had been countless times in which the doctors did not think I would make it through the night.

Needless to say, I am still alive and I am more grateful for Life, fighting with everything in me to keep this God given gift of my life alive.

It’s now a decade and a few years later since the Respiratory Arrest incident and I continue to fight these old health battles as well as combat these new health challenges as well.

I am still fighting lung diseases that include Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, and a paralyzed diaphragm in my left lung, several pneumonias and other lungs problems that cause my breathing to be problematic.

I require supplemental oxygen to breathe adequately and have needed oxygen fof a long time.

I also continue battling other health concerns, illnesses and diseases that involve other parts of my body as well.

And my battle continues…

Though I am still fighting, (much of tine for just medical stability), I am grateful and I’m blessed,

I still go through challenging health regimens and endure dangerous and life threatening diseases and illnesses that require me to be admitted into a medical unit at the hospital. This being because I need that acute care.

I figure that if I wasn’t living this Life that I have been living and endure the bounces through the countless health obstacles I have been jumping through, I wouldn’t have met some amazing and wonderful people!

And I, also, would not have felt the shouts of “LOVE” stemming from my heart, gratitude in my  mind and also feel the blessings in my soul.

Yes, my dear friends, I am certainly not the healthiest person in the world, not by a longshot.

I still carry an enormous amount of love for God and for others.

I am fortunate and blessed by family and friends, who are loving, kind and caring people.

Those wonderful humans are with me through those hard times and keep me close through those times that test my faith and  test me.

I have wonderful friendships that are with me, especially when I find myself dwelling in those dark, dark places.

I am also fortunate to have the proper professional people who know the right ways in which to treat me and care for me, not just as a patient, or a client, etc., but “ME”!

I also have my God, who has been with me, has been my Comfort and fills my soul with the sounds of calmness.

It is Jesus who walks with me through those times when my legs, my strength and my body seem to fail me.

Then, it is Jesus who picks me up, heals the brokenness in my body, soothes my ravished mind and calms my tired soul.

Yes, though I travel through my life continuously fighting health battles, disappointments and situations which break my heart, I find myself blessed with an enormous love, good family, loving beautiful, wonderful and supportive friendships and helpful, caring people who give me such tender care and support.

My greatest gift is the warmth from my faith and the amazing love of the living presence of my God.

It is God, who is my Saving Hope and it is Jesus who is alive in me and in the world!

I have so, so much to be grateful for!

With sincerity, love, hope and prayers,

Your friend,

Evelyn Pinto

November 29, 2022



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024