THE GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP, THE LOVE OF A FRIEND 12/12/2022



 

The Gift of Friendship, the Love of a Friend

I heard it said that Friends are God’s way of taking care of us.

As I think of my friend, Joan McKewen, no truer words have ever been said.

Joan walked into my life for the 1st time when I was dwelling in a world of indefinites.

As I was growing accustomed through the constant changes in my life, I was still unsure of my own being and purpose in life.

Through sicknesses and hospital admissions and discharges, I experienced changes in every aspect of my being.

I was living in a state of emotional, physical, social and spiritual pain.

And my friends, that’s when Joan entered my life for the 2nd time and this time she stayed and we emerged into inseparable friends!

Joan and I, as best friends, depend on each other, especially for the encouragement and support that we generously give to each other.

I can comically tell you of our many adventures of us driving to a store on the other side of Somerville (the city where I reside in) and humorously ending up in Boston.

There have been numerous times when we would hop (or stumble) into Joan’s car and we would take off shopping, visiting or just ride through town.

Joan is the kindest, most generous, thoughtful, and precious soul I have ever met in my entire life.

Joan has not hesitated in letting someone go ahead of her, whether it be on the road or letting others before us in line at a store cash register isle.

I have seen Joan pay for the items of other people in line, while we were in a store.

Joan has been a genuine, true, caring and loving friend to me and I only hope I’m that kind of friend to her.

When I need a ride, or someone to be with me when I go for surgery, a procedure or a similar event, Joan has willingly stepped up to drive me and be there with me as well.

Joan has willingly, generously, freely and lovingly has given of her time and herself.

This year has been a challenging and difficult year for myself, for Joan and for many of us.

As Christmas approaches and more challenges lie ahead, I ponder the actual meaning of Christmas which, to me, is loving God and loving and being there for others.

Today, I thank God for His sacrifices, His goodness, His mercy and His love.

I am blessed with an abundance of love, goodness and other gifts from God.

And, my dear friends, I am so fortunate and I’m beyond blessed to have Joan in my life and as my best, forever friend.

Joan is the most wonderful gift and, also, the best friend in the entire world!

Evelyn Pinto

December 12, 2022




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024