COPING AND TRYING VERY HARD TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL 5-17-2023



 

TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL

I was at home, sick with troublesome and worrisome symptoms, symptoms which accelerated with time and were progressively worsening.

I was gasping for breath frequently. I would be wiped out doing simple tasks that just a month ago, I did with little effort.

Movement and mobility became difficult and required a significantly increased amount of effort and stamina.

I tired easily and I needed to rest often.

I rested many times throughout the day.

I slept for hours after a visit with a friend, after eating a meal in our building’s dining room with my friends and after attempting to accomplish simple tasks.

I was also totally exhausted after participating in any activity.

All of the things I enjoyed, especially being with my friends, became less frequent because it took so much out of me.

It reached the point where even talking, which I have always had a zest for, was my worst enemy, where I was getting increasingly out of breath shortly after talking to others for any substantial amount of time.

The day I went to the hospital for help was the day I was sitting in my recliner when all of a sudden, just sitting, I couldn’t catch my breath.

Those moments of not being able to breathe seemed, to me, like forever.

This is when breathing became the most difficult thing in the world for me to do.

Survival mode kicked in. I grabbed the albuterol inhaler that was lying next to me and I pushed the house pendant to no response.

Desperation took up residence inside my head. My fingers pressed 911 on my cell, a gesture of survival.

It took using my inhaler 3 times, 2 puffs at each time before I could utter any words.

I was rushed by ambulance to Mount Auburn Hospital where I was eventually admitted into the hospital.

Let me explain: The hospital is a place where your life is placed in the hands of others, doctors, nurses and medical professionals who swore a sacred oath to heal, to help and to “DO NO HARM”!

The hospital ideally is a place where you receive treatment and care that would help you recover from your illness.

The hospital is a place where people would show compassion and an eagerness to help you, to listen to you, to help you figure out that baffling medical stuff, to help you to manage the most difficult problems you will ever encounter in your entire life.

Saving your life and healing you + managing the medical condition(s) that brought you into the hospital should have been the focus and the reason.

The hospital should be an avenue to heal your body, soothe your mind and to help you to reach that point where you are well and strong enough to return home and to “DO NO HARM”!

I was more than willing to work diligently with my doctors, nurses and the other medical professionals on my medical team so I could be well and strong enough to return home.

I was not given that opportunity.

What happened to me?

I was admitted into Mount Auburn Hospital on May 2, 2023.

I was placed into a hospital room on Needham 4 on the same night that I was admitted into the hospital.

I was living in a hospital room that was excessively too warm for me and the respiratory conditions that I was diagnosed with and that I live with every minute of every day.

Since the morning of May 3, 2023, I voiced my concerns to my nurses and to every person I came in contact with on Needham 4, asking the Needham 4 staff to have my hospital to be cooler. I also asked for a fan and even to move to a cooler hospital room. I voiced these requests over and over and over again, constantly, while I was a patient on Needham 4. I even called Patient Relations at Mount Auburn Hospital. I also called the Administration at Mount Auburn Hospital voicing these same requests, all to no avail.

On May 6, 2023, I was found to be unresponsive.

The morning of May 6th, I was especially not feeling well, weaker, more tired and I was feeling sicker than usual on that morning. I was definitely more congested.

It probably wasn't the days that I was sick and living in a hospital room with the temperature in the room that was too warm for me with me being sick and needing the hospital and living for days in the hospital room too warm for me. My friends, it didn't help it either, probably even accelerating the event of being found unresponsive.

I was told an attempt was taken by my assigned doctors to give me Narcan.

This was because my assigned nurse had told the doctors caring for me that, first, I took illicit drugs, second, I took different illicit drugs and thirdly, I ingested unknown substances.

All the doctors had to do was to look at my medical chart and health care medical records. In my 67 years, I never had any history of taking illicit drugs. I have never been accused of or having done anything illegal. In my entire life, I have never even been arrested.

The doctors, instead of doing the right thing and going through my medical history and looking for any illicit drug taking behavior, (which there was none to find), these doctors instead promptly acted on the wild tirades of a nurse, a nurse who proved to be not in my best interests. This nurse falsely makes accusations with no evidence and no truth either. This nurse continually created scenarios about me, her patient, in which the doctors caring for me continually, constantly and mindlessly acted upon.

After extensive, cumulative and thorough drug screening, it proved beyond any doubt I had not taken any of the drugs I was wildly accused of.

Still, this didn’t satisfy the nurse or a number of these doctors that I had the misfortune of being assigned to.

The nurse, after the drug screens came back clean, then she accused me of a) taking Benadryl and b) and after, falsely stating she found crushed up Benadryl at my bedside.

Also, these wild, unconfirmed accusations proved to be false.

This was not good enough for my doctors who then expressed the beliefs of this nurse of Benadryl use causing me to be unresponsive.

Nobody cared to or exercised any desire at all to ask me or hear from me of what happened to me in my own body that fateful day.

I attempted to speak and talk several times to my doctors.

Their sentiments were expressed with the words of one of my doctors: “I don’t have time for you, I have patients to see!”

I experienced an acute, serious health crisis where I was found unresponsive.

When I really needed compassion, concern and stability, I was denied this. Instead I was a victim of negligence, a victim of malice and was placed in a medically and emotionally unsafe place at the hands of those who were supposed to be caring for me and protecting me.

I was then placed on a telemetry floor, Needham 7.

Upon arrival at Needham 7, the doctors wanted to place protective pads on my hospital bed and give me seizure medications for a seizure that never happened because I never did have a seizure.

Of course, I exercised my right to refuse these unnecessary and unwarranted measures.

I have several medical problems that could have helped to or could have made an unresponsive event happen to me.

I surmise the doctors found, in my extensive medical history, a history of seizure activity. The seizure activity was in my medical record because of a seizure I had due to a medication interaction in the 1990’s.

That same medication is on my allergy list in my medical summary and has been for years.

Out of my extensive medical history, I presume the doctors chose seizure because it began with the letter “s”.

As these doctors continued treading on these wild avenues, at my, their patient’s expense, they called all of this utter craziness giving me treatment and care.

I prayed and I prayed and I prayed for them to put an end to these wild, crazy antics.

On May 7th, I was transferred from Stanton 6 to Needham 7.

I am receiving excellent care and wonderful treatment by some amazing and wonderful people who are caring for me.

Yes, there are wonderful, caring and exceptional people here, at Mount Auburn Hospital.

I love these people. These kind souls equip themselves with joy, concern and expertise upon entering my hospital room and the rooms of their other patients.

As I review the recent happenings of being a patient in Mount Auburn recently, I am totally overwhelmed with feelings of hurt, of betrayal, of disbelief, of fear and of trauma. I try to make sense of the series of events where those nurses, doctors and other medical professionals betrayed me, their patient and ignored their sacred oath to help me, to heal me, to make me better and to protect me, their patient.

Instead they failed their patient, they failed me and they failed their own oaths to help, to protect, to heal and to “DO NO HARM”!

The involvement in this abusive campaign of terrorizing their patient consisted of doctors, nurses, a case manager and other medical personnel at Mount Auburn Hospital. Their negligence, their wild defamation accusations, and their unnecessary and unfounded excuses to cover up the harm that was inflicted on a sick and vulnerable person under their care which happened to me.

These horrifying carnages against me, their patient continued.

This harm they inflicted upon me, their patient, was from May 3, 2023 – May 8, 2023 continued and flourished through 2 medical units, Needham 4 and the Stepdown Unit on Stanton 6.

This harm done to me by those unworthy of my trust, thrived which accounted for me, their patient experiencing irreversible trauma.

These doctors, nurses and other medical professionals totally ignored the oath they had sworn to “DO NO HARM”!

Yes, these doctors, nurses and all of the medical professionals involved inflicted irreversible harm to me, their patient!

I, the patient, upon signing that agreement to be admitted into the hospital, that same hospital also swore an unbinding contract with me, the patient that the doctors, nurses and everyone caring for me would be upheld to the highest standards of being worthy of my unwavering trust, to protect me, their patient, to care for me, their patient and to present me, their patient, with treatment and care shown with compassion, understanding and comfort.

The agreement of admission to Mount Auburn Hospital further stipulated an environment of comfort and healing and then going even further than me, their patient would be safe because they would protect her.

I, the patient in this hospital, was not protected. I was a victim of negligence, a victim of retaliation, a victim of character assassinations, a victim of attempts by doctors to give me unnecessary, unwarranted and dangerous treatments for a condition that I did not have. I was further victimized with fraudulent assessments publicly displayed on my own medical chart for common use by the others involved in my treatment and care, all well knowing the inconsistencies, the untruths and the misinformation all wreaking from these assessments, patient notes and other lines of detailed events of the patient that, most, never happened.

The only defense I owned, my voice, was silenced, dismissed and ignored!

The harm that was imposed on me by the hands of those I placed my trust, my health and my life in continued long after the harm stopped and I, the patient, was no longer in the environments where this harm to me was inflicted on me.

Though the unjust, unmerited and senseless harm done to me, their patent was, physically, no longer happening to me,

I am still traumatized and forced to relive over and over and over in my head the senseless, frightening and terrorizing ordeals and series of events that continued to roll on nonstop in my head.

What happened to me? Nurses, doctors and other medical personnel normalized the irreversible harm done by their hands.

Then these medical professionals wrapped the harm they had inflicted on me, their patient, and placed it in a grey bag which had in that grey bag credentials, authority and letters after their names.

Then, they roughly placed my own serious, life threatening medical problems in that grey bag with everything else in it, knowing full well they would use my serious medical conditions against me in an nasty way that they knew to use this quitw well, it would place my credibility in question. Lastly this, now very heavy grey bag was sealed with a colorful, pink bough on top.

The harm done to me, a sick, vulnerable person and coming to a hospital for needed help was my only crime.

What I did get from Mount Auburn Hospital was a frightening and tearful trauma that was forcefully placed on me.

My mind became altered into a prison where people who were holding a bag of credentials, authority and letters after their names were granted a free pass to inflict more harm to me, their patient, over and over again and never, ever ceasing.

All I could jaggedly mutter was: “WHY”?

I only need to know how to go on from here.

How do I stop this harm, this pain, this betrayal and this trauma from happening over and over and over and over again in my head?

How can I exercise precautions that would stop the harm done to me by the same people and by others who had similar profiles to ever, ever harm me again, ever?

How?

Why?

And...

Where do I go from here?

From My Hospital bed,

Evelyn Pinto,

May 13, 2023

5; 23am

*I am home now;

Though I had a discharge date for Monday, I told the doctor I wanted to go home that Saturday, May 13, 2023. The doctor said "yes" and I was discharged to home.

I'm HOME!

From home,

Evelyn Pinto,

May 13, 2023

I have placed matters in place (and my residence knows this as well), if there ever comes the time when I need hospital care, it will not be Mount Auburn Hospital. It will be another hospital, one I am more familiar with.

I will continue treatment and care with my outpatient providers, especially my primary care physician.

I, with others, am going to eventually plan with Medicare, Mass Health and others to place my entire care and treatment in another hospital.

Any help, information on hospitals, making legitimate complaints against hospital personnel, people to talk with about trauma, abuse, etc... , all of this and more, I would welcome gladly with wide open arms and a warm heart.

Thank you! Love and prayers,

Evelyn



Bottom of Form

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024