I Want To BeThere For A Person Who Needs Someone!




We Should See What We Have In Common With Our Neighbor(s) , Not Notice (And Judge By) Our Differences!
If we only had a magic wand and could see inside everyone we encounter, I think we might be more patient, caring and nicer to our neighbors. We would also realize we all share common ground, we are all human beings. We are all made the same way with the same emotions. We are human beings . We may be going through different stuff but, we all go through happy times as well as difficult and painful trials in our journey in life!.
We should all see what we have in common instead of just noticing (and a lot of times, judging by) what is different!
Many times people see my wheelchair and already make a judgment of me and what I am like by just the wheelchair. They see where I live and then there’s another judgment of me by my living situation. They see my medical and psychiatric diagnosis sheet and there it goes, more judgments made before they even meet me! I’ve been given many labels and very few describe the person I am!
Sometimes, I, myself, even make judgment calls on my neighbors and for this I apologize. I, also, at times, think I am the only one in pain and/or going some really difficult stuff. This does not give me any excuse to expect that people should treat me with more understanding and compassion than I expect from anyone else!
I know other people, even people I know and love need a little more understanding and compassion from me. I want to give that person who needs it, a gentle pat on the back. I want to give her those words of encouragement when she really, really needs them! I want to forgot about my needs and be there for someone who needs me at a painful and desperate time in his life. I want to be there for my neighbor!
Evelyn M. Pinto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024