THE GRATITUDE JAR 1-19-17

                                           
                                                 The Gratitude Jar
by Evelyn Pinto
Performed at Maplewood Baptist Church
November 19, 201 





                  The Gratitude Jar
I created a “Gratitude Jar”!
Sickness plagues my body.
Because of all these illnesses in my body, my emotions are all over the place.
My life is an unpredictable and as unstable as my physical and emotional states.
I also live in a time in which the world has taken upon a new craziness.
In the midst of sickness, adversity, pain and craziness, I put together a “Gratitude Jar”!
I put in this jar many papers of blessings.
Yes, God has blessed me and He’s blessed me abundantly!
I have so much to be grateful for.
I have been blessed by having a family who loves me and whom are there for me.
I am especially indebted to my mother who still helps me out in so many ways.
I am so appreciative to have loving friends who are loyal and supportive!
I am filled with gratitude for the doctors, nurses, chaplains, respiratory therapists and for everyone at the hospital I go for my medical care.
These compassionate, hardworking and loving souls always steer me to the path of stability and wellness.
I am beholden to the church I attend.
My church family continually prays for me, as well as being loving and supportive in so many ways.
My minister is not only my spiritual advisor but, has is a major support in my life and has become a dear friend!
I am awed by all the people in my life that have brought me to where I am today!
I do have today, my dear family, friends and helpers!
Today is full of moments I can never relive.
I have choices to make.
Despite all the wrong going on in my body and the craziness that exists in this world, I choose to see the good in people and in the world.
I choose to make today “a superlative day”, “a great day” and “an awesome day”!
I choose to honor God and thank Him for all He’s given me!
I choose to see God’s Wonders, Miracles and His Majesty in today!
“God’s goodness and mercies are renewed every morning!”
With sincerity, love, prayers, hope and peace,
And with gratitude to my God,
I graciously thank you!
                Evelyn Pinto
                November 19 2017
    

     


 7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024