HOME, GOING HOME 1-1-19




I am going to be discharged today!
I’m going home!
The doctors, nurses, Hospital Chaplains, respiratory therapists, primary care assistants, social workers, case managers and everyone involved in my medical care have been nothing short of superb!
The hospital staff have showed me compassion, love and gentleness as they presented the treatments and care I received with excellence and distinction!
Even in the best of conditions, being sick is not fun.
It kind of craps, really craps!
I choose to continue my recovery at home.
Home: where my friends are, where my stuff is, close to my family and my church and where my heart is, safely tucked away and awaiting my return.
I will miss my nurses and everyone but, I will not miss being as sick as I was!
Homeward bound, I am!
I will close this chapter of my journey and eagerly and enthusiastically open the next chapter of my life!
As I now bow in prayer, I thank God for carrying me this far, through a time of sickness and difficulty!
Praise Be To God!
           Evelyn Pinto
           January 1, 2019






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024