A RAINY, THUNDERING AND LIGHTNING FILLED NIGHT AT THE HOSPITAL 7-6-19






It’s a rainy, thunder filled and lightning emerged evening.
It is also my 6th day as a patient in the hospital.
Yes, there have definitely been difficulties and trials for me.
This hospital admission has been no different.
The power in the city went out.
This included the hospital where I am staying and where I’m receiving care and treatment for an aggressive pneumonia.
This experience of the power outage yesterday was frightening, especially since I knew little of what was going on.
When my heart monitor stopped working, I was more than a bit anxious.
My needed oxygen continued to flow, which I was grateful for.
For hours, much of the power that keeps the hospital going, did not work.
Case example, there was no air conditioning for approximately 7 hours.
Being a person with, among other medical issues besides serious respiratory problems, air conditioning is a necessity.
It was devastating to be in the hospital and without air conditioning on this extremely hot and humid Friday, for 7 hours.
The hospital staff at my hospital did exceptional in this catastrophic emergency.
A person from Patient Relations, the Director of Pastoral Care, nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, primary care assistants and other hospital staff checked on me routinely through this emergency.
The hospital was back to normal by last night.
The power outage was something I, and most other staff and patients, never experienced and hope never to again.
I am receiving treatment and care at a level of superior excellence, which I am grateful for.
Getting back to the rain, lightning and thunder, at 7:30pm on this Saturday night at the hospital, well, it continues on…
That’s like me, and most of us do, we continue on, as we travel this “Journey of Life”.
      Evelyn Pinto
      July 6, 2019





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024