CHRSITMAS OF 2020 12-24-2020


The year 2020 has been a difficult year for me and for so many of us.

The political climate in the United States of America is, and has been for the past 4 years, in a total disastrous uproar. It has gotten worse now that our now president refuses to concede as he has placed our country in imminent danger on the way out of his presidency.

The Pandemic of 2020 has been raging in full force in the United States and the world.

I, as well as many other humans, are frightened, fearful and sick, either physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually or all of the above.

Its Christmas time and I, taking the advice of the scientific community and the wiser leaders, choose, while carrying my broken heart, not be with my mother and other members of my family over the Christmas holiday.

I’m sad, fearful and feel alone in this and other situations.

I do, though, know that others are feeling the same and/or similar feelings.

I feel helpless, my dear friends!

When all I can do is pray, I pray and I have been praying a lot!

Then the true meaning of Christmas appears to me. Jesus.

It’s all about a baby born in a manger, wrapped in rags.

This baby would grow up, be persecuted, suffer and die for me and for all of us.

This baby, born on Christmas, would take upon himself the weight of my sins and tear open the curtain that separated me from God.

My, Savior, born on Christmas, is also my Redeemer, my Comforter, my Strength, my Healer, my Shelter in the storm, my Rope to rescue me from that deep and dark pit, my Life Preserver in a shaky and sinking boat and an Ever Present in times of trouble.

Jesus walks the Paths of my Journey before me, after me and beside me.

Jesus is my Constant and the Rock that helps me be steady!

Though 2020 has not been a traditional Christmas for me, and for so many, I’m thankful for so much now.

I’m grateful that Jesus died for me. I have been given the promise of eternal life with God.

With His death, Jesus opened up the curtain that separated me from God, giving me direct access to God

I’m blessed!

Evelyn Pinto

December 24, 2020








 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024