HAVING DIFFICULTIES BREATHING, SICK, EXHAUSTED AND IN THE HOSPITAL 7-10-2023





 

Today is Monday. I have been in the Emergency Department at Mass General Hospital all weekend.

I finally was admitted into a hospital bed on a medical floor sometime today.

Though a lot could have gone wrong, and some things still didn’t go so well, in this endless plight to get adequate and proper healthcare for my own medical needs and wellness.

The hospital staff, on the most part, are outstanding!

Coming into the hospital because I couldn’t breathe could be due to many factors.

The air quality has been poor, a lot worsening because of those fires in Canada. The hot, the humidity, the high pollen counts as well as my low capacity lung functioning and other respiratory as well as several other serious illnesses has made me neither a happy camper nor a happy patient.

Since I arrived on a hospital bed on a medical floor, a lot is looking up.

I am still in the midst of fighting the breathing problems and all of the other medical issues that brought me to the hospital.

I am still uncomfortable, still not breathing adequately, still feeling much, much physical pain and still hurting.

I talk a lot about being grateful for small things.

I was beyond grateful when Emily, my nurse on the medical floor I am now inpatient on, brought me 2 chocolate Ice Cream Cups and a strawberry Popsicle.

Still, I remain sick, uncomfortable and feeling nothing like myself in my own skin.

The doctors came to my hospital room. I am almost definitely sure I feel asleep while these doctors were still talking to me.

I must have beem that ill and totally exhausted as well!

I am praying I will feel better soon, very soon.

I understand it will take me a lot of work and much more patience to get, health wise, where I need to be.

I know will need to be patient with myself but, also, with the doctors, nurses and with everyone who is, and will be, caring for me.

I graciously want to thank all of you for your kind words, your prayers, your love and your continued support through these difficult and challenging times.

If I say/get out of please nudge me gently back to where my life should be.

I know my life should be fixated on God.

Please, God, if I do sway, especially with my stubborn impatience, please gently clutch my soul and steer me back on the right path, your path for me.

Thank you! Love,

Evelyn (Pinto)

Monday, July 10, 2023

 

-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024