Weaponized Words 9-29-2023



Dear Friends, 

I am home!

I was discharged late Wednesday and was home by early Wednesday evening.

I am overjoyed to be home!

I was in the hospital for 6 days.

I wish I could tell you that the hospital was a good and helpful experience.

My friends, it was a negative, traumatizing experience!

Though, I always am in involved in my own treatment and care  and have expressed this multiple times on several occasions to every one of the people on my medical team, I was denied that opportunity that request, opportunity and right!

Instead, I was treated like a bag of bones!

The more I pushed for involvement in my treatment care and life and adequate and appropriate care, the worse I was treated!

I understand that there is a staff shortage.

I understand that the doctors and nurses have many patients, perhaps too many patients!

I understand that the doctors, nurses and other necessary medical personnel are under a lot of stress.

I can empathize with all of this and with them as well.

When the doctors, nurses and other personnel use their positions to deny their patients, who are sick already and need acute medical care, and we just want to get and feel better, be well and go home.

I want to be heard

I want to have discussions with the doctors  about various treatments.

I wa t to be given the opportunities to tell what is going on iny.own body.

I just want to be cured so I can geel better and go home!

I am sick, fatigued, in pain, exhausted, hurting and, especially  now, need, compassion, empathy and understanding.

I feel my voice, my words and I, as a person was not seen!

Instead, I was denied respect, dignity and involvement in my own treatment and care!

My words did not matter!

I felt I was  only a bag of bones to them!

Hurt, sick and traumatized, I have no desire or will to enter a hospital ever, no matter how sick I am!

Though unconsciously, my body and mind have metaphorically placed a barrier, a shield around me prevent me from people from mistreating me or who are, in any form, complacent with people mistreating me!

I, and others who vulnerable, who are sick, who happen to be patients at the scariest times in their life, are not responsible for the hospital staff shortage.

I, and my other fellow patients are not responsible for your long hours, your stress, your job or any of your problems!

Please, we are the ones who are sick and need acute medical care!

We are scared and don't know what our illness(es) will do to us, what will happen to us and how we are going to manage.

Being so sick that we need the hospital is frightening, stressful and scary as it is.

Why would you (maybe unintentionally) make it much worse for us, patients when we are, most of the time, as bad as it gets?

We are sick and we cannot afford any of your stress, your disrespect, your oppositions to our credibility, your anger, your aggression and your salty, substandard words!

We are in the hospital because we are scared sick and have lost most options in our lives!

I know and understand your stress.

We, as patients, cannot afford to anymore to be content, and have even told to be grateful, for bad, awful, disgraceful presentations of care!

Enough!

I have reached the point where I have been treated so badly, mostly in hospitals, that I now say:

"Enough!"

"No More!"

I have been mistreated and hurt so much, especially by people who know better, that my body and mind, both consciously and unconsciously is unable to withstand these carrages of mistreatment and all the other forms of , anger, hostility and weaponized words that others feel they have this right to attack me with that causes me even more hurt, pain, sickness, stress and sadness.

"Enough!"

"No More!"

Relieved To Be Home and Far Away From The Hospital ,

Evelyn Pinto

September 29, 2023 

.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024