How good the Healthcare System is ,is how well it works for its' service recipients, especially those living with chronic physical disabilities and its senior citizens. Ask me how it's working..
I am a person living with chronic physical disabilities and getting the care I need (or lack of appropriate care) is almost as exhausting as the illnesses I fight in my body. I am tired of fighting. I am tired of fighting 'The System just to get preventative care. The System is so readily able to pay for an ambulance to get me to the ER and just as quick to put me in the hospital but, ask me if there were any measures taken that have prevented the numerous medical hospitalizations I have had. Please ask me if there are any preventative measures in place now that will prevent the acute medical emergencies.
My doctor said that I haven't a need for a visiting nurse. My Medicaid won't pay for it. My doctor did say that the ER is available.
Does this make sense to anyone? It sure doesn't to me. First to transport me in an ambulance to an ER is expensive. (I have no other means to get to he hospital).Second, why does my medical issues have to reach an acute stage where I even need the ER and then the hospital before problems are addressed and treated. Both of these options are much, much more expensive than getting treatment where I am in my home.
Why put me through pain and anguish of needing the ER and inpatient hospitalizations?
It wears me out just to remain stable. I don't require more care, like the 24 hour care that a nursing home provides. No, that would not work for me at all and it's totally not needed. I just need the time with my family and friends that's not interrupted by Emergency Room visits and/or inpatient hospitalizations. I need something that's normal in my life. I need to fee that normal again. I need to feel well (both physically ad emotionally)back to ME again. I need to be ME again.
Why do I have to go through all this? I guess I'm really sick ad tired of being sick and tired. I pray for relief from being sick and tired.
Already living with several disabling illnesses as well as living also with chronic pain, why I have to go through even more and pain and exhaustion from a system that really makes little to no sense to me makes me ask this question a lot:
Why?
A Patient Of The Healthcare System

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024