LIVING AS EVELYN 3-25-17

I



I have very visible illnesses that sometimes hide, both, the invisible scars inside me and the person I am.
I need oxygen to breathe and I use a wheelchair and a walker.
I am “not” the wheelchair!
I dislike it immensely when people refer to me as “the girl in the wheelchair”.
Please don't ignore me.
People sometimes pretend I don't exist, like I’m invisible.
I am here and very much alive!
I do need help, yes, and I very much appreciate the help people give me.
Please don't, though, rob me of my independence, pride and dignity in the process.
I am a competent person, capable of making my own decisions.
Don't make my decisions for me.
Please, do “not” talk to me like I’m a child.
I am an adult and immensely dislike condescending behavior aimed at me.
Please, get to know me before you even begin to judge me or label me.
Seriously, don’t judge me or label me.
I hate labels and being labeled!
Don't be afraid of me because of what's wrong in me.
My illness, disabilities and mobility device are not me!
As I go through these health struggles, that are, at times, life threatening, I do need the support of others.
Do not be afraid of helping me and being my friend.
I would love your friendship and your support as I navigate through life.

                            Evelyn Pinto.
                            March 13, 2016  
                           March 25, 2017 (edited) 




                                                
                                                   

                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024