"LET ME BE ME!" 3-21-17




In the journey of my life, I always tended to be different.
I really had no interest to be like everyone else.
I certainly did not follow the crowd!
When I was much younger, and not acting like the rest of my peers, there tended to be some bullying.
There has also been a mad rush, by professionals, to label me.
Did I tell you, I really, really dislike labels?
I don't understand why, when I just want to be myself, people have to put a label on me!
Let me sing in the hallways!
Let me laugh when I think it’s funny!
Let me dance in the streets, even if it’s just doing wheelies in my wheelchair!
Please, allow me to be that person God intended me to be!
I may be a bit weird but, I’m real and somewhat unique!
Let me be who I am!
Let me be “ME”!
                Evelyn Pinto
                June 22, 2016
               March 21, 2017 (edited)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024