AND DANCE I DID 4-9-17





This morning, some of the residents, living in the building in which we all live, had our monthly ballroom dance lesson.
Our ballroom dance instructor was Michael, is talented as well as compassionate.
Though most of us have mobility issues, Michael is supportive in strength as well as learning our manners of movement.
This is all with the help of Gay, our activities director, and Gloria, Gay's assistant.
Our activities director, Gay, made ballroom dance lessons for us possible.
For that, we are ever so grateful!





Michael, who has learned all of our names, begins our lesson with the "fox trot'!
(I think that's what the dance is called).
Most of the residents, whom I live in the building with, are a generation older.
I, growing up in the 60's and 70's, has developed my own style of ballroom dancing.
C'mon, in those days, most of us moved to our own music.
And I did, when I moved to my own music, though other music was playing.
It was a great manner in which to start the day!
As it is said: "Life may not (always) be the party we hoped for but, while we are here, we might as well dance!"
And Dance I Did!
A dancing,
           Evelyn Pinto
           June 9, 2017



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024