INSTEAD OF US AND THEM: "WE"!



Instead of Us and Them, Perhaps “WE”

I live in an assisted living.
There are many people who live here and receive services.
There are also staff who do various jobs that realistically should assist us in our daily lives.
Being a person who receives medical care, services and treatment here, where I live and, also, the hospital I go to, I have realized the division between people who give help and people who receive help.
This is strikingly visible in my community, the hospital I go to, in the world I live in and in Life.
It seems to be “Us” and “Them”, when ideally it should be “WE”!
I despise the division that has forced itself upon my community, my home and my life!
With this division is an uneven balance of respect, dignity and credibility in favor of those who give services.
I find that I continually fight for these traits of respect, dignity and credibility while those who give these services attain it automatically with their job, not by their character.
This seems totally unfair as feelings of frustration and anger weigh on me.
My aspiration is that the people who help me in various ways, would see me, and others who are similar situations, as a person instead of a resident, patient, client and all the other various labels different professionals dream up.
They seem to think that these labels are me, my friends and the people in the community I live in.
My dream is that all people would love each other, whether they be similar or different.
Respecting each other, though they be different from you, would be an accomplishment very possible to attain.
Seeing me as a person 1st may be advantageous to all concerned!
Seeing others as people instead of someone who’s better, worse, different, sick, and other labels, could be perhaps the first step in obtaining a world peace
My dream is that people would remove their blinders and see others like they would like to be seen in their situation(s).
If people saw “ME” instead of “Us” and "Them", well, that would be so emphatically awesome!
                            Evelyn Pinto
                            June 21, 2018



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024