HOW I, EVELYN, GET THROUGH LIFE 10-8-2021


 

Life Is Tough

Living with serious, life threatening medical illnesses is rough!

Living with the knowledge of those you dearly love having serious, life threatening and grim medical illnesses, well, this all places me in a dark place that I never wanted to even enter.

Exhaustion, pain and difficulties breathing are symptoms of my medical dilemma, and also with those I dearly love.

Sickness, especially serious illnesses happens through no fault of myself, those I love, and all those who live with chronic illnesses.

How do we handle this?

Who do we go to when the pain gets so severe that moving becomes a crisis?

How do we reassure those we love when pain, fatigue and exhaustion call the shots?

How do we even sleep at night when we fixate over realistic thoughts that we may not wake up tomorrow?

What do we do when we want to ask our healthcare professionals questions when we are scared of and/or don’t want the answers?

What do we tell our family and friends?

What don’t we tell them?

How do we prepare for the inevitable when it’s too difficult to even think about now?

I, at this time, am fortunate to be medically stable.

This does mean I don’t feel pain, fatigue, exhaustion, difficulty breathing, etc.…

Emotionally, I have my ups and downs.

My friends, this is how I manage to get through Life.

I don’t get through Life on my own.

I am fortunate to have a good family, faithful friends, and a supportive church family. I also have healthcare professionals who not only present me with excellent care and treatment but, actually care about me.

My friends, these people help me a lot but, to tell you the truth it’s not how I overcome the difficult circumstances and trials of my life. It’s not how I climb those insurmountable mountains that being chronically and severely ill creates for me.

For me, it’s Jesus.

It’s Jesus who reaches for me and takes my hand when I fall.

It’s Jesus who cures the brokenness of my body and mind.

It’s Jesus who sooths me when my emotions attempt to disrupt my calmness.

It’s Jesus who calms my tired soul.

Ask me how I survive my bad days and frightful nights.

I will tell you honestly, it’s my Savior who sings the Song of Life, gently calming my body and mind.

I can go about my days, despite problems of Life, because Jesus walks with me through my difficulties and also is with me in my joyful times.

I can sleep at night knowing Jesus watches over me all night.

Despite all that’s going on in my body and mind, I know I’m okay.

I’m okay because Jesus walks with me, watches over me and protects me.

Evelyn Pinto

October 8, 2021

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024