21 hours ago
I know you are great with computers but, I did not grow up with computers.. Come to think of it, I didn't even grow up with cell phones
I played being a Super Hero by tying a colorful towel to my back and flying. I pretended (and sometimes believed) I was flying!
When I was out, I used something called a pay phone where a put a dime (when I was a child and a quarter, oh, whatever how much it was) and put the change into the pay phone, wherever it was. You see, my young friend, phone booths were almost everywhere and that's where we made a call when we were out - there was no cell phone!
I probably have back pains from all the books I had to carry - Everywhere - for school . Imagine carrying All the books you needed to read everywhere you had to go! These were no desk computers or laptops and there were no kindles or anything to make the load lighter.
I did have the most remarkable, amazing toy! It was called the "Outside!"
Sunday was "The Lord's Day" in my family. This meant church every Sunday morning and a day with family!
I could go on and on, my young friend but, I will stop For Now! Your nostalgic friend, Evelyn
Like ·  · Promote · 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024