A GRADUATION TO REMEMBER 5-20-19







Today was an awesome day!
On this Sunday in May, my friends, Stella and Ben, and all of the students who completed their studies in the Graduate Program of Occupational Therapy, graduated!
I traveled by The Ride to attend their graduation, being placed in the front row next to Karen, (Stella’s mother), where I sat, listened and took pictures.
I was proud of all the graduates but, I was especially delighted by my students (and friends), Stella and Ben!
I met the families of Stella and Ben who were all kind, helpful and whom gave to me a special welcome as if I was also family!
I was particularly touched by the openness, kindness, love and helpful manners of Stella’s mother, Karen.

Karen had journeyed from afar!
Karen had taken a flight from Germany, that was 18 hours long, to be present at Stella’s graduation.
I was awed, and so proud of Stella who was nominated as the student speaker!




Stella gave a magnificent speech, speaking with eloquence, humor and heart.
In the eyes of Stella’s mother, I could see how proud she was of the prestigious accomplishments of her daughter, Stella.




All of us walked and splashed in the rain, as the rain showers continued throughout the 5 minute walk to another building of Tufts University.
There, coffee and desserts were being served and a slideshow was being presented.
All the students worked tirelessly and with passion and love to come this far!
I was proud to be a memorable portion of these young persons’ lives, by attending their Graduation.










All of the students, faculty and staff were impressive, inspiring and extraordinary!
I would like to acknowledge the Commencement speakers, Dr. Mary Barnes, Dr. Gary Bedell, Dr. Robert Cook, Dr. Sharan Schwartzberg and student speaker, Stella Virchick.
Lastly, I would like to thank all those lovely and delightful people, who welcomed me with open arms and open hearts, to the Graduate Program in Occupational Therapy 2019 Graduation and Commencement on this unpredictable weather day in May.
With sincerity, graciousness and gratitude,
                          Evelyn Pinto
                          May 19, 2019







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024