A BALLOON, PEACE & HOPE 5-31-19


         



     A Balloon, Peace & Hope

This afternoon, a man, with rainbow colored hair and a red pug nose, glided into my hospital room with a balloon “for me”!
This young stranger, who was from Palestine, wanted just to put a smile on my face.
As we talked, this kind human being spoke of peace.
I could gather that he also prayed desperately for peace.
My kind friend communicated that both Israeli children and Palestinian children deserve peace.
I thanked him graciously and reassured him that he truly did place a smile on my face.
I connected with this kind Samaritan saying that I, also, continually and passionately prayed for peace.
I thanked my kind friend as I was singing this line of the song most of us know:
“Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me!”
This visit from a kind soul was a refreshing break from the difficulties and trials of being in the hospital.
It also made me ponder, peace can begin with 1 person!
Thank you to that young Harvard University Government Studies student who brought be that balloon, a smile and hope!
         Evelyn Pinto
         May 31, 2919







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024