EVELYN, BROKEN AND IN THE HOSPITAL 5-29-19


I am in the hospital.
I have an infection in my blood that is affecting my respiratory system.
Only certain types of antibiotics can work with this particular infection.
The oral antibiotics that would work, and that I could be at home and be taking them, I am allergic to.
So, again, I am in a hospital bed, in a hospital room, in a hospital.
The staff are extremely kind and compassionate, as well as experts in their fields and occupations.
Home, though, is where my friends are, where I am close to family, where I can go to church and where my heart is.
So, I sit on my hospital bed, dwelling on my brokenness.
There is one that heals and that is God.
God is the Comforter, the Healer and the Physician of physicians.
As my broken heart sears to the heavens, I know Jesus hears my solemn prayers and sees my brokeness.
I know he will heal, if not my broken body but, my severed soul.
Evelyn, in the hospital
May 29, 2019


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024