MEETING GOD IN THE EXAM ROOM, AT THE HOSPITAL 10-7-19


       Meeting God In The Exam Room,
               At The Hospital

I wrote this entry in the early morning of May 29, 2013.
I edited this script today, October 7, 2019
These were the feelings that I experienced on that traumatic day in May.
                              Life:
I was at the hospital yesterday.
I needed to go in for a routine test, which turned out to be anything but, routine.
A nodule was discovered in the 1st test.
Several other tests followed.
I began feeling apprehensive when I saw patients leave, the patients whom had taken that same test after me.
I was asked to take a more in depth test, a biopsy.
The biopsy was done by a physician almost immediately.
I waited for that doctor and the results of the biopsy in what seemed like forever!
I wanted to pray but, the only prayers that stuttered out from my mouth were “The Lord’s Prayer” and “The Serenity Prayer”.
I exhausted those prayers, as I voiced them over and over to God.
Then I had the idea of singing, singing to my Lord.
The only songs I seized from my soul were: “How Great Thou Art” and “Puff The Magic Dragon”.
“Puff The Magic Dragon” was not a traditional song to cry out to God but, to me, it made perfect sense!
I realized how difficult it was to face serious health issues, feeling so alone.
I felt so much like a child, a scared child at that.
I began to cry!
As I cried and cried, I humbled myself before God.
I asked God on that day to give me the strength, courage and compassion I needed to fight the battles that were being presented before me.
As I looked up into the heavens, I voiced these words to God: "Please, Lord, allow me to always feel Your Presence in whatever Life tosses at me.
I conversed with God about many things in that exam room yesterday.
I met my Lord in that tiny exam room, pleading with Him for more time with my family and friends.
I kneeled before God, asking Him if I could leave this world, only after making it a better place!
I asked for miracles.
Jesus brought me out of that day, the day of my biopsy, with the gift of His Peace.
Though I still fight health challenges, I’m okay today!
I “know” I am okay because I am under God’s protection.
And, my friends, there is no better place than you can ever be in, than in God’s Arms.
                         Evelyn Pinto
                         October 7, 2019
                  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024