PAIN 12-31-2019



Pain changes you.
Severe, chronic and debilitating pain changes you completely.
You ask for a cure, an end to the pain, if even for a while.
And there are those times where all you can do, in those very long moments, is pray for the pain to end.
There are pills that work, sometimes…
There are the professionals who genuinely do want to help, if only to manage this pain.
There are people, your friends, your family and your church, who want to be there for you.
But, in those alone times, the pain gains power over all of that.
There is One, whom I am reaching out to, who I know is more powerful than my pain.
In those times, my screams of prayer call out to God.
I know God will listen to me.
I know God will give me rest from this pain.
I know He can cure me.
I pray for relief from this constant, physical pain.
As tired, broken and sick as I am, my body drifts to a soft sleep.
In those moments that are between God and me, I find a peace.
God does answer my prayers, as I awake from that much needed rest, not curing my pain, but, my Lord has given me rest from the pain.
Evelyn Pinto
December 31, 2019






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024