EVELYN IN THE HOSPITAL 4-2-2020




Dear Friends,
Especially true in these drastic times of indefinite, it’s the not what’s going to happen from moment to moment.
I, as I live my faith now, more than ever, hunger for a closeness to God and a purpose in my life.
As of now, I am still sick and still sitting in a hospital bed.
No, I do “not” have the coronavirus that is so prevalent in today’s times.
I do have a serious, life threatening illness: Sepsis.
You see, I have bacteria in my blood, which is sepsis.
I am being treated with strong, heavy duty IV antibiotics.
I am being plagued with strong and painful body aches, not excluding weak, severe and awful pains in my neck and excruciating and throbbing headaches.
All this going on in my body leaves with not much I can physically do but, sleep.
During the night and early morning, I vomited.
I do not know if the vomiting was caused by the infection in my blood, the headaches or these very strong IV antibiotics.
It’s nearly 4pm on Thursday and it is turning out to be a better day than the last few have been.
I am being well taken care of by the experienced, and excellent doctors, nurses and other staff at the hospital, whom I am grateful and blessed to be caring for me.
The infectious disease doctor has been in my hospital room daily, keeping me medically informed on my progress and discussing plans with me on to better cure this infection and finally, to go home.
Being sick and in the hospital, especially in these crazy days, has been traumatic, difficult, disheartening and totally exhausting!
I am definitely more fatigued and sicker than I ever remember being.
I know I’m loved by my family, my friends, my church the people in the building where I live and the many, many people who have prayed for me.
I am also very much loved by my Savior, Jesus, who gave His life for me.
Though still very sick and in a hospital bed, I feel loved, grateful and blessed by the many people who are still praying for me!
I’m indebted and fortunate that Jesus is watching over me, calming my fears and anxieties.
I figure that I could not be in a better place than having Jesus looking out for me!
With sincerity, love, prayers and gracious gratitude,
Evelyn Pinto
April 2, 2020





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024