MY FAITH, MY CONNECTIONS AND MY HEALTH 4-15-2020





Dear Friends,
In these grim and traumatizing days of living through the coronavirus, I am frightened, stressed and find myself in the place of indefinite.
I, a person who plans for everything, I’m anxious because today there is no room for planning.
Today, I find myself struggling to make sense of this pandemic and why it has thrown the world I live into a terrifying habitat.
Then I realize, the lack of control I have.
The best plans that I can do, and that actually make sense, are preventive measures.
So, my dear friends, I wash and sanitize my hands a zillion times. I thoroughly and excessively clean everything I touch, as well as, do other preventative moves in the hope that I will not become victim to this eradicator.
And, I also, keep myself clean and follow the advice of my medical team so as to be as physically, emotionally and spiritually stable.
I, and all of us, where I live, are on lockdown.
So, my good friends, my connections with others are scarce but vital, especially considering that I’m a people person.
My friends, I loved hugs and other forms of comforting gestures. Now, my contacts with my family, friends and church are by phone calls, video chats, messaging and other non-physical connections.
I’m am pleased that I can call my family and friends and that I am able to use social media to talk, see and communicate with others.
I also understand the gravity of today’s situation with the coronavirus and I am willing and actually support the plan of social distancing and not, for a while, seeing my family, friends and church family until it’s safe for me and for all of us.
Love and gratitude have remained in the chambers of my heart.
I’m grateful for the professionals both, in the hospital where I go for my medical care and for the staff of the assisted senior living, where I live, and to all the people who help me for their love, sacrifices and their compassion.
I’m super grateful and fervently love my family, my friends, my fellow residents where I live and my church family, whom we’ve continued to reach out to one another and connect with
I rely deeply on my faith in these days of uncertainty.
My faith in God grows stronger as my daily walk with Jesus becomes automatic. I rely on my Lord, especially now, in these days of uncertainty, anxiety and stress.
I may not know what tomorrow, or even the next moment, will carry with it.
My friends, I know Jesus holds all my tomorrows as I pace myself on this Journey of my Life.
I’m okay because I know Jesus walks with me on this journey, supporting me, counseling me and loving me.
My stress, anxieties and frightful thoughts are still there but, they are quieter, calmer and less bothersome because Jesus cares for me.
My friends, as I end this letter, I want to tell you I’m touched by each one of you who follow me, read what I write and comment on what I post.
I’m praying for you!
May God be with you and protect you always!
With sincerity, love and prayers,
Evelyn Pinto
April 15, 2020



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024