EVELYN, RECOVERING AT HOME 4-9-2020




   Evelyn, Recovering At Home

Dear Friends,
First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your prayers, kind words and well wishes.
I know every prayer reached the Throne of God and, my dear friends, God listens and hears us.
The hospital, for me, was a frightening and terrifying place, especially true in these scary days of the coronavirus.
The doctors, nurses, technicians, pharmacists and everyone involved in my care worked at a level of proficiency, excellence and dedication, and they did so with calm, concern and compassion!
Dr. Bourque, my infectious disease doctor ordered lab work and tests to discover the source of the bacteria in my blood.
 Dr. Bourque also decided what IV antibiotics to treat me with and lead the progression of my treatment and care in the hospital.
Dr. Bourque, and all of my medical team, were utterly amazing, sending me home on the path of wellness!
My outpatient doctors, and their offices, have been treating me by Telehealth, ensuring my wellness medically, physically and emotionally.
Super amazing are the words I use to describe them!
The staff at my assisted senior living residence have been extraordinary through all of this by not only ensuring our safety through this pandemic but, they have also been serving us meals to our apartments. The staff, here, at my assisted living ensures with kindness, sacrifice and servitude that every one of us, residents, have what we need.
My family, my friends and my church have been supportive by frequent phone calls, conference calls and video chats.
My friends, being a people person and enjoying numerous contact with many people, I long for some people to people socialization.
I miss having coffee with my friends, hugs, long talks with those I love and care about and all the rest of those needed, supportive and kind gestures and activities that I, and many of us took for granted.
I miss dearly, being with my mother, hugging her while placing a sweet kiss on her forehead.
My mother is doing okay, staying in her apartment and talking frequently with myself and other family.
My mom, I’ll say, is probably doing better than I am!
I totally understand and agree with the need for this lockdown and isolation but, I will tell you, dear friends, it hurts.
I understand that these measures are to save lives, even mine.
My friends, I pray super frequently now.
I vigilantly pray that we all get through pandemic safely and draw closer in our relationship with God.
As I lean on my faith, I know Jesus has been my Companion, my Healer and my Savior through all of this, helping me and calming my fears and anxieties.
With immeasurable gratitude in my heart and calmness in my soul, I remember this which was said thousands of years ago: “And this too shall pass!
With love, prayers and a zillion virtual hugs,
Evelyn Pinto
April 9, 2020



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024