MY MOTHER, GLORIA PINTO'S EULOGY 11-14-2021

 






Eulogy: My Mother, Gloria Pinto

Psalm 31:9

Be merciful to me, Lord for I am in distress. My eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

With sadness, sorrow and immeasurable grief, I stand before all of you to tell you about my mother, Gloria Pinto.

My mother, Gloria Pinto, passed away on October 31st, 2021.

That was the day of my mother’s death.

That was also the morning my mother was welcomed into The Gates of Heaven, into the open Arms of Jesus.

My family and friends, the time of my mother’s death is not important.  My mother’s life was. My mother lived her life well, very well.

My mother loved her children immensely. She loved all her grandchildren immeasurably. And she loved Jesus enormously.

And we all loved my mother so, so very much!

My mother cared for her family, all her family with an overabundance of love.

In her later years, we as a family, cared for her.

My mother, Gloria Pinto, loved God and she loved people, all people!

And everyone loved her!

Since the days of my childhood, we always had a welcoming home for family and friends and for anyone that had the good fortune of coming into our home.

Anyone and everyone that came into our home, my mom would welcome them as family and she would feed everyone.

Words of advice that my mother always told us was: “Always keep a pot on the back burner.”

My mother was magical and she was wonderful!

Some of the many characteristics that impressed me about mom were her warm heart, her loving nature and her grateful manner.

My mom, Gloria Pinto, was grateful, grateful for everything.

At the end of her life, my mom always thanked her nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, and everyone that cared for her at Melrose Wakefield Hospital, despite how she was feeling.

In her days of her pain and not being able to breathe, my mother was truly grateful for everyone.

My mom, being so very ill, still asked every one of us, who visited her in her last days at the hospital, how “we” were doing.

My mother, as she became more ill, was genuinely concerned about our lives and what we were doing with the time God gave us.

My mother, Gloria Pinto, was genuine, kind, loving and caring.

My mom was not only an exceptional human being but, was truly a woman of God!

I was fortunate and blessed to have my mother for this 66 years of my life.

We all were blessed by this tiny but, mighty woman I call “Mother”.

Proverbs 31:28 

Her children arise and call her blessed. Her husband also and he praises her.

I recall what a friend said to me: “Last breath on Earth, first breath in Heaven.”

I end with a sorrowful heart, a weary body and inconsolable grief,

With sincerity, sadness and prayers,

Evelyn Pinto

Gloria Pinto’s daughter

John 16:20

Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve but, your grief will turn to joy.








 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024