TRYING TO CHANGE A DOCTOR'S INACCURATE DIAGNOSIS 9-26-14

I know doctors have done a lot of good, especially for me. The issue becomes problematic for me and for many other people who happen to be a patient at times in their life, when people who think they know me, as a person receiving medical care by them, more than I know my own body and mind. The knowledge I have about my own body and mind is totally discredited .while the biased opinions and guesses of people who have a few letters after their names (MD, NP, RN, etc..) is taken as gospel. 
This practice is offensive and takes away my credibility, respect, dignity and putting on a pedestal others, who just because they work as doctors, nurses, etc.. in this healthcare system and because I live with chronic, life-threatening medical conditions, I am forced to have a back seat,  while my own views of what's going on in my body is not taken seriously by many, especially doctors.
What offends me the most about doctors are they may have an opinion but, once they write it in a medical document, it becomes fact.
Try changing what doctors write down, especially statements they write in my medical chart that are a long stretch from being accurate. I'm in the process of doing this and it's so much trouble just to correct a incorrect diagnosis that a doctor believes is accurate.  I, knowing more about myself,  KNOW it far from being true!
                                              Evelyn Pinto                  
                                              9-26-14 

                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024