A BIRTHDAY LETTER TO HEAVEN 5-27-17





Dear Dad,
It’s your birthday today, Dad.
With love in my heart, memories in my head and tears streaming down my face, I’m writing this letter to you, Dad.
“Happy Birthday, Dad!”
I pray this letter reaches you from my earthly apartment to the gates of Heaven.
Though many years have gone since you passed, Dad, you are missed.
You touched many lives, Dad, especially those of your family.
We all have moved on, but, we are not the same without you.
I’d like to think I’m the strong woman of faith due, in some way, from what you taught me of life
Dad, every time I tell a joke, it reminds of the many times you made me laugh.
Every time I watch the Boston Red Sox, it recaps in me your love for the game of baseball.
I remember “our times” as together we watched “The Boston Red Sox”.
Those were definitely "our times”, Dad!
We had many of those times together, Dad, watching Boston sports!
When you passed, a void grew in me, an emptiness in my heart.
I have the memories of you Dad, and I deeply cherish those memories of you with love.
I’m grateful to God for the time He did gives us, you.
Dad, I miss you so much, but I know God’s taking great care of you now!
With tears in my eyes and love in my heart, “Happy Birthday Dad!”
I love you, my dear father,
Your daughter,
                   Evelyn
                  May 27, 2017








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024