PNEUMONIA'S 3rd DAY, 5-17-17



It is the beginning of my 3rd day at the hospital as an inpatient.
After just waking up, I continue to feel tired, pained, totally wiped out and so very weak.
Minor things like just getting to and from the bathroom have been difficult.
The abilities of being in tuned to what’s going on in the world, what’s happening at home and what’s taking place around me now, are difficult for me to grasp at this time.
Yes, all this could be due to this infection that has entered my lungs.
This infection, pneumonia to be exact, has my body doing a tilt-a-whirl, metaphorically speaking.
My mind has suffered too, as my emotions are over the place.
The pneumonia has made me weak, fatigued and somewhat confused.
I am definitely not ready for this hospital life.
I truly want this sickness to stop and life to return to normal.
The normal I crave is just the life I miss among friends and family.
My body is still not ready for life to return as it was.
I continue to be plagued with headaches with its’ massive, intense pain.
These headaches are also associated with the pneumonia.
Yes, just the dawn of a new day at the hospital.
I do, my friends, have today.
This day may continue to have trials, pain and difficulties.
Today may also be blessed with the goodness, mercy and love.
I choose to surrender this day to God.
The blessings that arise from today are from God.
Yes, I am blessed with today.
Any good I do on this day are to give honor and glory to my Lord.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
 Matthew 11:28
Love, a feeling sick,
                 Evelyn (Pinto)
                May 17, 2017



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024