MY MOTHER 5-9-17

My Mother

                   
                             By Evelyn Pinto


When I think of my mother, I can’t help but go back with her to my childhood.
At that time I was convinced of this: my mother knew "everything"!
My mom knew where I was and what I did.
I wondered: Did my mother haves eyes in back of her head!
My mother was magical and infallible!
My mother is now in her senior years.
With age we are both realizing a loss of control over some matters in our lives.
We don’t have the good health, vigor or stamina that is associated with youth.
I’ve have to tell you though, my mother continues to be magical!
She still senses the times when her children are in need.
She somehow knows when something is terribly wrong or has miraculously gone right!
My mother a person of love and wonder and class!
Though our lives have changed with years, my mother is still there for me, as well as for her other children.
The transformation is we are older adult children.
We, as her adult children, are now there for her.
The magic of this person whom I call “my mother” is still there!
I love you Mother!
May God bless and protect you always,
With sincerity and gracious gratitude,
Your daughter.
Evelyn
May 9, 2017 (edited)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024