My Day Of Tests at the Hospital


                                                              Life
I was at the hospital yesterday .They discovered a nodule in the first test Lots of tests followed afterwards. I began to get apprehensive when I saw patients come and go (even patients that came after me) taking the same test(s). I was asked to take another more in depth tests.After the last test I was asked to wait in the exam room for the doctor. It seemed like forever! I wanted to pray but, honestly, the only prayers I could even think of were The Our Father and The Serenity Prayer. I exhausted those prayers as I voiced them over and over to God. Then I had the idea of singing to My Lord.. The only songs I could remember then were How Great Thou Art, Blessed Assurance and Puff The Magic Dragon. I thought that Puff The Magic Dragon was not a traditional song to cry out to God with but, to me, it made perfect sense. I realized how hard it was to face things, to face things feeling so alone.
I cried out to God, realizing how much a child I really was, the child who was crying out to The Father, a scared child who felt so alone .I began to cry. As I cried (and cried) I humbled myself before My Lord asking Him at the same time, whatever my future held that He would give me strength, courage, compassion and asked that I would always (always) feel His presence in whatever Life tossed me.
I asked God many things. in that exam room yesterday. I asked that He would give me time, time with my family enough time to make a difference in the world., to leave this world  only after making it a better place. I also very emphatically told God " God, I don't want to be an adult  anymore!
I really, really need a break from being an adult today. Time to be a Super Hero .If you happen to see a woman flying through the sky while attached to a wheelchair , just wave and maybe you can even swing on a star with me. Life is great , being a Super Hero!

                                                                                                                              Evelyn Pinto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024