THE NEED OF GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS 10-6-2015

I would like to explain an issue.
Some people think that people who are on government programs are too lazy to work.
From my vast experience of being a person who very much needs these programs to live and most of my adult life, knowing others in these government subsidy programs, I have never seen it not needed or the need abused by anyone, not ever.
I, like so many others, would love the opportunity to be able to work but, physically (and emotionally) can't!
I, like so many others, live with  chronic, physical health conditions that not only prevent me from working but, stop me from having a life that I would love to have.
Yes, I would love the opportunity to work.
Living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, asthma and congestive heart failure, I do not have the physical stamina to hold down any kind of stable employment.
This is true of many, many others.
What irks me are these politicians who are proud of and even boast about cutting and vetoing theses necessary programs like Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, Veterans government subsidy programs and other programs that people really, really need and benefit from.
I ask:  How can people be so unfeeling by refusing them or even posting that people are on these programs because they think, they're too lazy to work.
Do these people know me or anyone else that could not live without these programs.
We are not lazy, we just need help/
Is there any good reason to deny me, or any of us of that help?
                              Evelyn Pinto
                             October 6, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024