TRAGEDY IN OREGON 10-2-2015


When I heard about the shooting in a community college in Oregon,

I cried!

I cried for what seemed like an eternity.

When I heard the gunman was targeting Christians,

I cried even more.

I cried longer and harder.

This awful, awful tragedy really got in me and to me.

I prayed....

I prayed for the students,

I prayed for the teachers,

I prayed for our country,

I prayed for my family,

I prayed for my friends

I prayed for my church,

I prayed and prayed

And I prayed.....

I could not pray in words, so I prayed from my heart,

My broken heart.

I cried and I prayed.

I'm still praying......

And crying......

                                   Evelyn Pinto               
                                  October 2, 2015        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024