A LETTER TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS 7-18-16

 
             

               A Letter to My family and Friends
As I, a person living with disabilities, I struggle with health issues and experience acute health events frequently.
I am surrounded by the world of medicine and healthcare.
I am in need for the basic of necessities.
Equally important, like most people fighting health battles and working to achieve stability, I need fun to come back into my life.
Fun is a  something  medicine cannot  give treatment for.  
I even asked  one of my doctors for a prescription for fun!
My family and friends have loved me, have been there for me and are equally as generous.
They buy me necessities, clothes and other items.
I am very grateful to my family and friends and appreciate everything done for me.
I do wish though that they could help more by making it possible for me, to leave my crazy world for a while and have some clean fun!
Facing financial  difficulties, as well as health challenges. I would love to go out to a restaurant, a musical or other entertainment, go shopping with my friends or just go out with them!
I so appreciate visits from my family.
Sometimes, instead of visiting, I would so enjoy going out with my family!
What stops me, and many of my friends facing similar struggles, is finances.
Instead of  thinking of buying me that green sweater, or that other item, the green stuff with dead presidents on it, would make me feel really awesome!
If you feel funny about giving cash, maybe, could you give gift cards for stores, restaurants, the ballet, musicals, movies, beauty salons or just a debit card with a little cash in it!
I would feel relieved if my transportation account had regular deposits or my monthly cell phone bill was paid or a deposit into my checking account!
I am fighting health challenges constantly.
I would just like opportunities to forget, for just a short time, these constant struggles and do something not associated with doctors, nurses, hospitals and the assisted living, in which I live.
It's not that I want stuff but,I would like to make memories.
Lasting memories, that I could recall and that would strengthen me through those difficult times..
Giving these kinds of gifts and making it possible for fun to come back into my life, would make the quality of my life so much better!
Thank you all for your love,kindness and support! Love,
                                     Evelyn (Pinto)
                                     July 19, 2016





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024