ON BEING ME 7-23-16



One of my dear friends said to me one morning: "Last breath on Earth, first breath in Heaven.”
My friend’s words made me think about life and death a lot that day.
Both of us have chosen the life as a Christian.
Through my faith in God and in Jesus as my Savior, I have peace that I will be okay, regardless of the situations that life throws at me!
My faith has made it possible for me to cope, to be a better person and to live without the fear of death.
I live with life and death health conditions.
Living with chronic respiratory failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma and diastolic congestive heart failure, it gets very difficult for me much of the time.
I also require the use of a wheelchair to help me get around.
I have needed the acute care of a hospital setting more than I, or anyone would like.
My body may never be okay but, I know, whatever the outcome, I will be okay!
I do all the paraphernalia of respiratory treatments and other stuff that keep me alive and stable.
I also try my best at being a good daughter, sister, aunt and friend!
I make the best use of today, living for and in the moment!
No, I’m not perfect and goof things up from time to time.
Then, I get on my best attitude and move to a better place spiritually and emotionally.
I’m trying to love more and get upset less.
I’m trying to be grateful more and get offended less.
I’m  trying to give more and expect less.
I’m and appreciative for all I’ve been blessed with.
If all I have to give is myself and my time, I will gladly give of it!
I’m “Me”, learning, giving, faithful, loving, living and moving on……
Love, peace and prayers,
                           Evelyn Pinto
                          July 23, 2016










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024