A STAY IN HOSPITAL LAND 10-14-16






Friends, I am in the Emergency Room at the hospital I go for my medical care.
I am going to be admitted into the hospital.
I am going to be admitted into the hospital, on a medical unit.
The hospital has gotten to be a familiar place, more familiar than I, or anyone would like.
Hospital Land is different than any place you could ever, ever travel to.
Intravenous antibiotics and other medications going through my veins are supposed to treat the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Exacerbation. This exacerbation of my lungs make it very difficult for me to breathe a lot of the time.
Hospital Land is a place where I have a hospital bed, where I sleep, rest, eat and am given medications orally and intravenously.
The hospital room is a very dull room,  where there are IV poles, oxygen and other medical paraphernalia.
The medical personnel are doctors, physician assistants, nurses, respiratory therapists, primary care assistants, social workers, case managers, Pastoral Care Chaplains and others.
These wonderful people treat what is going wrong in my body with medications, compassion, medical expertise, love and, at times, an educated guess.
Yes, there is input from myself but, I wish I had a lot more say in how I being medically treated.
I put my trust and my life in the hands of these medical people as I surrender all my being into The Hands of God!
Yes, I did pray to God before I even came to Hospital Land!
As I surrender this night to my Lord, I pray for a cure, for others fighting chronic health conditions and I pray for a peaceful rest tonight.
With sincerity, love and hope,
                                    Evelyn Pinto
                                   October 14, 2016






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024