A PROMISE 1-25-18

                             
           
                                              A PROMISE
Seven o’clock on that dreary and cold night,  I witnessed firsthand, a suicide attempt, On that agonizing night, I made that promise to myself and to God.
The promise was that no matter how bad things got for me (and it has gotten really bad at times), I would never intentionally harm myself.



It happened so fast. In a place of protection. (It was really a false protection).
I heard Debra jump out the window. I saw "HOPE" fly out the window as well.
I saw people, people who always knew what to do, not know what to do.
We were all living in “Frantic City".
I looked out that window. I saw Debra, laying on the ground, 4 stories down, drenched in her own blood.
I saw Death visit and just walk away.
I cried out for help through the confusion, help for Debra.
I saw the eyes of burnt out people, people of protection, asking me what to do. GET HELP!", "GET HELP,!" I cried out for help again and again and again!
I glanced and saw the souls of people, people like me, lost souls, cry out.
We were all searching for comfort, stability, love, safety and security, which were lost to everyone from that night on.
People who had nothing to do with Debra’s pain felt overwhelming pain and helplessness.
Debra lay in that bed, in that room, in that psychiatric unit, in that hospital for a year, approximately 30 years ago.
I guess it was to remind them over and over again how much they screwed up!
     Evelyn Pinto
     January 25, 2018 (edited)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024