THE NEED FOR GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS 10-6-18



I would like to explain an issue.
Some people think that people who are on government programs are too lazy to work.
From my vast experience of being a person who lives with several medical and mobility problems, I need these government programs to live.
The people I am in contact with, who also may live with medical and mobility issues, desperately need these government programs as well.
I have not, in my life, seen any abuse by anyone of government programs!
I see the overall need for more government programs that will help more people.
I, like so many others, would love the opportunity to work but, physically can't!
I, as well as other people, live with chronic, physical health conditions that not only prevent me from working but, stop me doing many activities that I would love to be involved in.
I do not have the physical stamina, due to serious life threatening health conditions, to hold any kind of stable employment.
This is also true for many, many others.
What irks me is that politicians boast about cutting and vetoing theses necessary programs like Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, Veterans’ programs and other programs that people need and benefit from.
Others just call us lazy!
I ask, “How can people have so little compassion and little to no concern for their fellow human being?
On social media, there are many posts saying that people who are on these government programs are too lazy to work.
All I can say is that these people posting their opinions do not know others who live with chronic physical and emotional problems.
I’m so offended at the thought of others calling me, and others live as I do, lazy, just because we need some help.
I would love to work if I possibly could!
Is there any good reason some people want to deny others and myself to deny us of help?
       Evelyn Pinto
       October 6, 2018




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024