PANDEMIC AND PRAYER PART 2, 3-27-2020




Pandemic and Prayer, Part 2

I live in an assisted senior living building.
It been over 2 weeks and our lives have drastically been changed.
I, as well as the residents and staff, where I live, are exercising every possible precaution so the coronavirus will not enter our gates.
So far, no one here shows any sign of this deadly virus.
The people living in my assisted senior living have life threatening diseases.
Cancer, lung disease, diabetes, heart disease, heart failure and other illnesses invade the lives of many of my fellow residents.
My friends, I am no exception. I live with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, IGG deficiency, heart failure and other diseases that cause frequent inpatient hospitalizations.
Like many of my friends, I am frightened, frantic and, at times, have reached the point of desperation.
My comfort in these drastic times and dim days is my faith.
When all I can do is pray, I pray and I pray a lot!
I call on my Lord frequently and constantly, especially on these days of indefinite.
My church has been an enormous support, as we reach out and support one another.
I have had long and frequent phone conversations with my minister and people of my church.
Though I don’t see my mother and my family, many of my friends and my church family, their support is always forthcoming with frequent phone calls and video chats.
Like many of us, I don’t know if I will get the coronavirus, if I will lose my family and /or friends from this silent killer or if I will, myself, be prey to this eradicator.
My friends, I don’t know what tomorrow will bring.
I do know God holds me and my present and my future.
I also know God will be with me, through all of my tomorrows, giving me the strength, courage and the compassion to reach out to others, though my ways of comforting people these days are limited.
My friends, I pray you all be well, safe and live in that peace that only God can give.
Peace, my friends! Peace!
With sincerity, love, prayers and peace,
      Evelyn Pinto
      March 27, 2020







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024