PANDEMIC AND PRAYER 3-12-2020



Dear Family and Friends,
This Coronavirus and its’ effects have caused me to feel alarmed, frightened and rattled.
I realize that many of you have similar feelings.
All I, and all of us, can do is act wisely and do what the experts in the scientific community suggest. Take every precaution to be safe for yourself and for others.
The professional staff where I live, are taking every precaution to keep us, residents, safe.
These wonderful people have strongly recommended that we, as individuals and residents, who happen to live with chronic illnesses as well as being aged, to do our part in being safe.
I wash my hands super frequently, am avoiding large gatherings, am staying away from people who are sick (or are suspected of having the coronavirus) and I am staying in my apartment if I’m sick.
I have done all of these recommendations and more and I’m still frightened.
That’s a time when I realize the need to pray…
And, my family and friends, I have been praying a lot….
I am worried about my mother who is 90+ and lives on continuous oxygen because of medical issues.
My mother still lives on her own, in a senior living apartment.
(I plan to visit my mom on Sunday and bring lunch for both of us).
I am concerned about my sisters and brother who are aged and have underlying medical issues.
I am troubled with concern for my friends, who are also aged and have many, chronic health problems as well.
With all this to think, worry and rattle over, I decide today and now to give it to God.
I lay all my troubles, my worries, my anxieties, my family, my friends, myself and all of humankind before God today.
I ask Him, who is bigger than anything we can imagine, to alleviate us from all of the things that stop us from living a content and fruitful life.
This pandemic places me in need of a Savior. Foe me, personally, a time for Jesus.
As this pandemic causes us all stress, and anxiety, I hope we are all follow the guidelines by our scientific community and take every precaution to be safe.
As this stage, prayer is desperately needed.
So, my family and friends, I pray….

Evelyn Pinto
March 12, 2020









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024