AT TIMES, I NEED HELP BUT, BUT, I AM NOT HELPLESS 7-20-15


I am a person with a lung disease, using oxygen and needing to travel in a wheelchair.
People either talk to me as if I were a baby or try to help me without asking first.
If you see a person with a physical disability, please, "ask",  if they need help.
Talk to us like you would anybody else because we are one of the anybody else!
First "ask how"  you can help me..
At times I do need and appreciate help with things that I cannot do!
Don't just do things like bodily hold an elevator door open. I can very easily push the button to hold the elevator door open. (This is just an example)..
Please, I, at times do need your help.
I am not helpless though!
Do "not" rob me of my independence, dignity and/or respect in the process.
                                                               Evelyn Pinto

                                                               July 20, 2015


                               Me, Evelyn in the hospital

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024