SIGNS OF STRENGTH 11-25-16


I have heard people around me boast of how strong they are because they don't need a mobility device.
At the same time, I hear people in pain who would rather be in pain than take something to manage their pain.
The validity of the 1st statement is definitely questionable. 
Most of the people I know who, for various reasons, need a mobility device and use it, despite society's stigmas, are the strongest people I've ever met.
In the same regard, people who live a long, long time in chronic pain and have the common sense to take a prescribed treatment that would alleviate some of the pain do this so they can live as normally as possible amongst family and friends without some of that pain.
It's the degree and the duration of the pain that make a case for the person in chronic pain.
I use mobility devices and suffer debilitating pain, and have for some time.
I know I am a strong person and I definitely know the strength and courage my friends possess.
Just because you, or anyone, may not need a mobility device and/or do not take medication, do not ever, ever think I am, or the people who need these, are weak.
Strength, courage, stamina, hope and faith do not discriminate. 
These qualities go deeper, deeper into the individual, despite whether they do or don't require the use of a mobility device or need/or don’t need prescribed medication.
To boast to others of how you do not need a mobility device or/and do not take medication is "not" a sign of strength, probably insensitivity to others, but, is not a sign of strength.
I am strong, courageous, and hopeful and have non fluttering faith despite using a mobility device and needing stabilizing medications to stay alive.
Please, do not ever question the strength and courage I possess, my characteristics or my abilities!
                    Evelyn Pinto
                   November 25, 2016






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

I WANT TO DANCE (Final revision) 8-6-2023