THIS PSYCH UNIT, MORE HARM THAN HELP 1-27-15

I am home from the hospital. Though the medical units in the hospital I go for care is excellent, this is not the case of the psychiatric unit. In trauma, some of the staff thought nothing of of breaking patient confidentiality and ignoring the rights of myself, as a patient. Their bad behavior, wheeling me around in the wheelchair angrily, without my knowledge or permission, scared me even more in my fragile state. I fought to defend myself.
When I tell someone, several time
s to leave me alone please (this nurse was really scaring me) and she continues to enforce the rules over and over again, it is going to get a bad reaction from me (or anyone for the matter).
Though some of the staff were really good to me, the people who wrote in my discharge summary, put their very distorted view of what they did wrong, as of they did right.
I would like to say to those staff members, no matter how much you say the wrong is right and no matter how much you blame your bad behavior on the patient, it is still wrong . No matter how much they try to rationalize the wrong they did to me and to others, it was still wrong.
I, going through trauma myself, did not deserve some of the attitudes and restraintive rebukes from some of the staff. Though the patients were my friends and I pray for them, the staff needed education in how to treat patients as people and respecting the dignity and human rights of the patients.
Yes, my friends, this stay at the psychiatric unit did not help me but, hurt me. Please think again and I would suggest never, ever going to this place I was at.


When a person does wrong to another person, IT'S WRONG! You can rationalize the wrong as if to make the wrong right or blame the wrong on the person you did the wrong to, but, the wrong still remains wrong.

                                                    Evelyn Pinto

                                                    January 27, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024